Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amirabedhiafi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Color the max value between 3 measures

I have the following FormatMeasure, I want to color the maximum value between the 3 measures in red : 

FormatMeasure =
VAR _CFR =[CFR]
VAR _CaseFatality = [Case Fatality]
VAR _IFR = [IFR]
RETURN
SWITCH (
TRUE(),
(_CFR > _CaseFatality) && (_CFR >_IFR) , "RED",
(_IFR > _CaseFatality) && (_IFR >_CFR) , "RED",
(_CaseFatality > _IFR) && (_CaseFatality >_CFR) , "RED",
"BLACK"
)
Instead of getting IFR =9.01 in red and the others in black I get them all in black : 

Measures.PNG

Amira Bedhiafi
Full Stack Business Intelligence Consultant @Capgemini
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mikelytics
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @amirabedhiafi,

the following solution should do it also when it might not be the leanest one.

You have your 3 measures. -> [measure 1], [measure 2], [measure 3]

picture_1.PNG

Now create one format measure for each measure.

1) indicator measure 1 = IF([measure 1] > [measure 2] && [measure 1] > [measure 3] , 1, 0) 

2) indicator measure 2 = IF([measure 2] > [measure 1] && [measure 2] > [measure 3] , 1, 0) 

3) indicator measure 3 = IF([measure 3] > [measure 1] && [measure 3] > [measure 2] , 1, 0) 

picture_2.PNG

Now ... 

create a conditional formatting for each KPI card using the individual indicator measures like the following.

picture_3.jpg

for KPI card 1 with [measure 1] using [indicator measure 1]

picture_4.PNG

for KPI card 2 with [measure 2] using [indicator measure 2]

picture_5.PNG

for KPI card 3 with [measure 3] using [indicator measure 3]

picture_6.PNG

It worked perfectly also after changing the values for the measures.

picture_7.PNG

picture_8.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Mikelytics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I solve your request? Please mark my post as solution.

Appreciate your Kudos.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mikelytics
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @amirabedhiafi,

the following solution should do it also when it might not be the leanest one.

You have your 3 measures. -> [measure 1], [measure 2], [measure 3]

picture_1.PNG

Now create one format measure for each measure.

1) indicator measure 1 = IF([measure 1] > [measure 2] && [measure 1] > [measure 3] , 1, 0) 

2) indicator measure 2 = IF([measure 2] > [measure 1] && [measure 2] > [measure 3] , 1, 0) 

3) indicator measure 3 = IF([measure 3] > [measure 1] && [measure 3] > [measure 2] , 1, 0) 

picture_2.PNG

Now ... 

create a conditional formatting for each KPI card using the individual indicator measures like the following.

picture_3.jpg

for KPI card 1 with [measure 1] using [indicator measure 1]

picture_4.PNG

for KPI card 2 with [measure 2] using [indicator measure 2]

picture_5.PNG

for KPI card 3 with [measure 3] using [indicator measure 3]

picture_6.PNG

It worked perfectly also after changing the values for the measures.

picture_7.PNG

picture_8.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Mikelytics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I solve your request? Please mark my post as solution.

Appreciate your Kudos.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amirabedhiafi something like this:

FormatMeasure =
VAR _CFR =[CFR]
VAR _CaseFatality = CALCULATE ( [Case Fatality], Table1[Column1] = "ABC", Table2[Column2] = "XYZ" ) )
VAR _IFR = [IFR]
RETURN
SWITCH (
TRUE(),
(_CFR > _CaseFatality) && (_CFR >_IFR) , "RED",
(_IFR > _CaseFatality) && (_IFR >_CFR) , "RED",
(_CaseFatality > _IFR) && (_CaseFatality >_CFR) , "RED",
"BLACK"
)

what table and column you are using in the filter, apply that here.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amirabedhiafi that's your problem, when you doing this color measure, you have to provide the same filter to these measures the same one you are using in KPI visual. The value of the measure is not the same as it is in your KPI visual because of these filters.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

How can I include the filters in the FormatMeasure ?

Amira Bedhiafi
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amirabedhiafi are these 3 different kpi cards? Is there any filter on these cards?

Yes I am filtering them by country and date

Amira Bedhiafi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors