Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdt008
Advocate II
Advocate II

Color of Legend changes when publishing from Desktop to Service

I have a stacked column chart that I create in Desktop.  When I publish, one or more of the legend colors change to a dark color where we cannot see the data labels.  Please advise on why the colors applied in Desktop are not always retained when it gets published to Service?  Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi jdt008,

I test the scenario as yours, when I publish the stacked column chart to Service, the color applied in Legend is retained.

Do you create the stacked column chart in the latest version of Power BI Desktop? We also need to know that what is your data source and which color you change for the Legend. In addition, would you mind sharing your PBIX file so that I can test it?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm experiencing the same thing right now and it's very frustating. Two different products are having the same colour.
Somebody knows a workaraound for this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue and it's already a few years later. I hope this will be solved soon.

This is affecting me as well, it is affecting an area chart, clustered column and gantt.

I have this same issue, Lydia in answer to your question in my case it is a pie chart, and the source is an xls. Strange thing is that it only occours in a few of the 12 pie charts i have displayed on the sheet. 

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi Jdt008,

Actually this one bug in Power Bi Service, Once u published in server the Tile Color Disappear.

We can't do anything on this , i hope they will fix this in roadmap.

or i suggest u could try in online i think it will help you. but not sure.

for ur question its bug in power BI

Thanks Baskar.  This creates double work for all of its customers because you have to change it in both the Destkop and the Service.  Seems to be a very primitive bug that should be resolved asap as it's costing customers time and money.

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I agree with your point ... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.