Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Color legend for line and clustered column chart not changing

I set the default color (Monthly Sales) as a dark blue and the Running Total line as a yellow-orange.  The graph displays the correct colors, but the legend shows Monthly Sales as being a slightly different yellow-orange color than the Running Total line.

How do I make the legend colors match the graph colors?  It does this automatically on every other graph I've made.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
z_chow
Regular Visitor

Super old post, but I just ran into this same issue.

Seems like a glitch, but was able to fix by removing/re-adding the measure to Column y-axis.

I had the same issues and removing and re-adding the column measure fixed it for me! Thanks!

vengel
Frequent Visitor

Any update? I am experiencing the exact same issue (see screenshot). Legend colors are correctly displayed for the line values, however for the colomn value the legend is displayed as white.

PBI Wrong color in legend.PNG

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Test with this table and add columns to a "line and clustered column chart" as below

4.png

Please check your settings for this visual comparing with mine.

5.png

6.png

Additionally, do you use the lastest version of Power BI, please update to the lastest version.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.