Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ckodadek
Helper I
Helper I

Color gradient/divergence doesn't appear in color data

I am attempting to make my color appear as a gradient, but the "Data colors" tab seems to be missing the "divergence" and the "show all" slider/options.
Refer to the picture below.

example.png

5 REPLIES 5
ckodadek
Helper I
Helper I

I didn't. Then I added it, and found the diverging bar appeared. Though, I don't see how the diverging bar helps just yet.

Question: Is it possible to make the colors appear as gradients? The uniform color across the bar/block is ugly and I think a gradient would look better.

I will check out the PUG.

Thanks.

@ckodadek Each block represents 1 value, so it is assigned a color... as the values change in the color staration value, the colors change to correspond to the value. Were you looking to apply multiple colors to each block? 

I'm assuming you have something in the Group field and can see the current gradient/divergance?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer In a way I am trying to apply multiple colors to each block. What I have in mind is a color that isn't completely solid, but changes across the block subtly, to create a crisper image/visual. Yes, I could see the current gradient/divergence, but for example using a donut chart, the sections need to be distinct an easy to differentiate. (Though, it looks like donut chart doesn't have the option for color saturation).

As @Seth_C_Bauer said, each block is assigned a color based on its value. Same thing in donut chart, each series is assigned a color. It's not supported and not necessary to apply multiple or grandient color for a single value/series. In donut chart, each series is assigned a different color which is already easy enough to differentiate. And you can custom color for each single series.

Capture.PNG

A solid color looks definitely less confused that a grandient/mixed color for each bar/column/section.

Regards,

@ckodadek Do you have a value in the "Color Saturation" field in the Fields section?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.