Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Color Saturation missing on all charts

I am using 2.71.5523.941  32-bit (July 2019) version.

I cannot find Color Saturation option on any chart. I tried lot of options but no luck.

I found below link but even this is not working for me. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-shape-map 

Few blogs says that I need to update Power BI but I think I am on the latest version. 

Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

To use the conditional formatting in column chart, please note:

don't add column in the "Legend" field,

Click on the three dots on the right of the "default color" to open the conditional formatting.

Capture10.JPG

4.png5.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
atin
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am also having the same problem. I recently downloaded Power BI desktop and version number is 2.71.5529.0

I am trying to use the color saturation field in a map visualisation and the feature no longer appears to exists.

Please can I get an alternative solution

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @atin 

Please refer to below link and solution provided by Maggie.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2018-feature-summary/ 

Color saturation on visual is now available under Format tab >Data colors > Click on 3 dots > Conditional formatting. You will not find color saturation in field tab. 

Please make sure you do not have any column in the "Legend" field and you will see the coditional formatting option.

Note: Please refer to few screenshots which are attached in this forum for reference.

Thanks

Archis

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

As per this blog, in 2018 November release of Power BI Desktop, all the visuals that previously used color saturation are upgraded to have the same conditional formatting experience as table and matrix currently has. You can use conditional formatting feature instead of color saturation.

Best Regards
Maggie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Maggie.

I understand that Color saturation has been replaced by Advanced Controls which includes conditional formatting but I cannot see Advanced Control Option in the Visualization > Data Colors Section.

Any clue?

Advanced color option.png

Hi @Anonymous 

Which visual do you use?

Do you add data in the visual and the color option still missing?

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie, 

Thats right. Please find below all screenshots from Visualization. I am trying to change the color of the bar which is more than 100%. I hope this helps. Am I doing anything wrong? I still cant find that Advanced Controls option under Data colors

Visualizations.pngVisualizations1.pngVisualizations2.png

Graph.png

Hi @Anonymous 

To use the conditional formatting in column chart, please note:

don't add column in the "Legend" field,

Click on the three dots on the right of the "default color" to open the conditional formatting.

Capture10.JPG

4.png5.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Maggie.

Thank you so much for your time and help. I have access to conditional formatting now 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand the color saturation has been changed and now advanced control option is available under the Data Colors but unfortunately this option is not available in my Power BI.

Can someone please help. Thank you
Color formatting.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.