Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leahschneider
Helper III
Helper III

Color Saturation in Date Hierarchy

I have a clustered column chart with a date hierarchy as the x axis.  I want to be able to have color saturation based on the sum of a column.  This works in the first level of the hierarchy and if I go to the next level.  However, when I try to expand all down one level, everything turns to the default green, even though I can still see different values in the tooltips and in see records.  Is there any way to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm using the November update.  I turned on then off drill down in the right top coner of the visualization and it works now.  I'm not sure why.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

What visualization are you using?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Clustered column chart

Hmm, in my test for this, I did not see this issue. I am on the November version of Power BI Desktop. I was able to see color saturation at all levels. Check that you are on the latest build and if not, update and see if you still have the problem.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I'm using the November update.  I turned on then off drill down in the right top coner of the visualization and it works now.  I'm not sure why.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leahschneider @Greg_Deckler,

So I'm able to duplicate the problem on the January 2017 edition of Power BI so I'm wondering if this really is "fixed". I have a hierarchy and a color saturation setup on a simple bar chart. On the top level, the color saturation is there. When I click on the Drill Mode arrow (upper, right-hand side of the viz) and then click on a bar, I descend into the hierarchy and the color changes to the default blue/green. 

Now I can click on the double arrows (on the left-hand side of the viz) and the color saturation stays in place all throughout the hierarchy. It seems as though the color saturation only disappears as I click through and descending the hierarchy. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jonathan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors