Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maf
Regular Visitor

Color Linking

Sorry I couldn't think of a better title !

Below is a summary of Installs by OS and Installed OS Versions.

Is there a way that I can assign a color to each OS such that the same color is used through out any other chart that uses OS data ?

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

...  I haven't used your custom visual, but does this describe the issue you are seeing?  Hopefuly it helps..?  FOrrest

Because my data for each visual comes from different tables (summarized to the right), and each table has multiple rows and not a single 'master category' your multiple visuals on a page have different colors...

Capture.PNG

As you can see there's no LINK between the two tables.

Capture2.PNG

I manually created a LIST of phone Types and then 'Managed Relationship' using the list to create two 1:many relationships between teh two sets of data:   (It says 1:1 below, but 1:many if you have lots of rows.)

Capture3.PNG

Now, I change the Legends of both Visuals to use the 'Master List' instead of the individual categories.  Now all the colors allign...

Capture4.PNG

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of those last visuals use the same data where as your first pair had different tables...

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @maf,

There are two visuals in your screenshot, one is Multi-row chart, another one is Sunburst visual, right? You want the color of same category is same. As I tested, we can not set the category custom color for Sunburst visual as well as Multi-row chart. For power BI visual, we can set categories' color, most of them can not be changed. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.