Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

upeshchavda

Collapse navigation pane in full screen view

Need to be able to collapse the navigation pane in an app so that users have a true full screen report that is not restricted by the navigation pane
14 REPLIES 14
pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi pabeader,

Thanks for your post.

However this does not solve our issue.

The ?collapseNavigation=true does not work on the new navigation pane introduced to Apps around spring 2019.

It works on the old navigation pane in dashboards, reports etc but not in the Apps where you have pages in the pane.

Best regards

Kaj

Sorry, I missed the image you provided.  Can you collapse that navigation at all?  I don't see any way to collapse it so I doubt there is a URL parameter that can do it either.

No, you can't which is why this issue was created 😊.

Best regards
Kaj
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This issue is still not resolved as far as I can see.

Anybody found a solution to make this work?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Torben

Hi Torben,

No, it has not been "solved".

I believe it's more a missing feature than an issue. But I hope that it will be implemented soon.

Kaj

Is this still an issue or any solutions ? 

I'm looking for the same feature to expand and collapse the navigation panel, as it occupies good amount of space on the screen.

Are there any updates on this thread? The Navigation Pane on the left of the App is really taking too much space.. would love to have it collapsable...

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@upeshchavda , @copykai ,

This is a known issue now, please refer to this thread for fix info.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

I am still certain that we are talking about two different things.

The thread you referred to is about the Visualization and fields pane to the right.

In this thread we would like the possibility to collapse the new navigation pane in apps to the left.

The previous and old navigation pane is collapsable. New one containing the reports pages isn't.

Regards,

Kaj

Hi Kaj,
Yes as per your response, the left-side navigation pane should be made collapsible or option to make it hidden in full screen.

Apologies for the delayed response to the thread.

Thanks
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@upeshchavda ,

If you mean an power bi app, you can click View and select "Off" in Selection pane and Bookmarks pane.

Capture.PNG 

If you mean the third-party app, I would suggest you to refer to this demo.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

What @upeshchavda means is that the new navigation pane in the app is not collapsable:
2019-07-11_9-29-27.jpg

hanny
Frequent Visitor

Already an option when we want to publish as an app! Thank you Microsoft. I can hide it as default.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.