Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

diegogoya86
Regular Visitor

Cohort Analysis Saas

Hi,

I have a challenge, I need to create a Cohort Analysis for Saas company.

There are two tables:

Tables.png

Both linked by a subscription_id.

In one table, there is the register_date (dd/mm/YYYY) of each user and in the other table, there is the subscription_start_date (dd/mm/YYYY) that is the date that the user starts paying (not all users start paying).

Right now I have this table:

Tabla Basica 1.png

And I need to create this table two tables:

-  Table one where:

• The first column is the month of register,
  • The second column is the number of registered users on that month
  • The third column is the number of registered users on the month of the first column who starts paying in his first month (month 0)
  • The fourth column is the number of registered users on the month of the first column who starts paying in second month (month 1) plus the users paying in previous months, in this case month 0.
  • The next columns work the same than the fourth column just adding paying users month after month 

Tabla 1.png

In the second table is the same information just getting the percentage (paying users / users registers) ex:

- Ago-19 and month 3: 138/1214=11,37%

Tabla 2.png

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciated

Best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
RachelGomez1619
Helper II
Helper II

SaaS Cohort Analysis: Evaluating Customer Behavior and Engagement Over Time SaaS cohort analysis is a method of evaluating customer behavior and engagement over time. This analysis can be used to improve customer retention or to identify areas where customers are struggling with your app.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @diegogoya86,

I think you can create a new table to extract all column types with the corresponding index, then you can create a matrix table with use new table column and row table rows categories.
After these steps, you can add two measures: one of them uses the current data label of row/column to lookup and summary values; the other one checks the previous measure result and setting up conditional color formatting based on 'summary value' measure.

If you are confused about coding formula, please share some dummy data to test.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much, I try to build it and if I have doubts I comment.

greetings

Diego as it goes.

Were you able to get the Cohort out?

I have the same problem. 2 tables one where is the date of the registration of the client and another table with the date of the use that gives to the application.

I want to cohort the usage according to your registration date.

Stay tuned.. Best regards!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@diegogoya86 Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.