Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Code Behind a Power BI report

Hey!
For a presentation I am doing, I need the code/Queries which result in the report/ Canvas.  Please let me knwo if such a thing exists in power BI . 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous I understand where you are coming from... Similar to SSRS, where you can export/view the complete .rdl file in an XML format. But don't think it is available or possible in Power BI currently.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous  The answer is Partially Yes. You can get the code behind the steps that are performed in "Power Query Editor" by selecting "Advance Editor" (where you can see the auto M-code generated) but where as in Data Pane you need to get all the calculated columns/Tables and Measures logics manually to your presentation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply! However, that is not what I am looking for. I need the code behind the canvas. i.e say I use a table, a pie chart, a slicer in the report. I would like to see the code which is behind that. I hope I am being clear enough. 

@Anonymous I understand where you are coming from... Similar to SSRS, where you can export/view the complete .rdl file in an XML format. But don't think it is available or possible in Power BI currently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.