Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

steambucky
Helper III
Helper III

Clustered columns as percentages

Hi 

I am using clusted columns but I want to view it as percentages. I did look at the others posts abaout but didnt find anything that worked with my issue. I know help for this will be limted as I can't share the PBIX. 

In the clustered bar chart view my data looks like this: 

clustered bar chart.png

This is a graph of how many days it takes to resolve our jobs. I have been asked to view it has percentages BUT still in a clustered bar chart. 

The 100% stacked chart CAN display it as percentages. ( but sigh, thats NOT what they want...) 

percentages.png

Can somone give some advice or point me to a VERY SIMPLE example of how to do do cluster bar charts as a perecentage? Apologies for not being able to supply example pbix. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @steambucky ,

here you have an example file with a measure that should provide the seperation you want. 

Measure = SUM(Example[Value])/CALCULATE(SUM(Example[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Example,Example[Category]))

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I have created one measure for percentage on value and formate that measure into percentage, you can check the below attached screenshot.
I hope you understand the measure for clustered columns as 100% value.

image.png

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @steambucky ,

here you have an example file with a measure that should provide the seperation you want. 

Measure = SUM(Example[Value])/CALCULATE(SUM(Example[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Example,Example[Category]))

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.