cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tscongack Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Clustered column chart (percentage)

How do I display values as a percentage of column total in a clustered bar chart?

Or is it possible to create a clustered bar chart - off an existing matrix to accomplish the same goal? 

I am able to create a matrix in which I can select under values > count selected> then show value as column % total. When doing this on the clustered bar chart it doesn't allow for the show values option as % column total.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Clustered column chart (percentage)

@tscongack wrote:

How do I display values as a percentage of column total in a clustered bar chart?

Or is it possible to create a clustered bar chart - off an existing matrix to accomplish the same goal? 

I am able to create a matrix in which I can select under values > count selected> then show value as column % total. When doing this on the clustered bar chart it doesn't allow for the show values option as % column total.

@tscongack

You may need an measure as below. Change the Table[date] column in ALLEXCEPT accordingly to your Axis column. The attached pbix demo for your reference.

percentage = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[sales]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[sales]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[date])))

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Clustered column chart (percentage)

@tscongack wrote:

@tscongack

You may need an measure as below. Change the Table[date] column in ALLEXCEPT accordingly to your Axis column. The attached pbix demo for your reference.

percentage = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[sales]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[sales]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[date])))

Capture.PNG