Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fansari16
Frequent Visitor

Clustered column chart help

Hello BI community,

I am new to POwer BI & I am loving it so far. Recently I have encountered a problem. I am trying to compare results of two quarters ( from a survey).

When I draw two separate bar chart chart separately, the values of the bars are different from when I make a clustered chart.

I've attached the image of the chart which I want to achieve (I drew this in excel). I've also attached the data sets too. Please help!. Although the graph is similar in Power BI & Excel, the values are different. Data Set is attached here too. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 12.01.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.54.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.54.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.55.15 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Using your sample document this Measure will give the correct percentages.

PerOfQuarter = 
VAR QtrTotal = 
    CALCULATE ( COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp]) , ALLEXCEPT ( 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2', 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Quarter] ) )
RETURN
    COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp])  / QtrTotal

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

It looks like your using show as % of Grand Total. The total has changed by adding both Quarters which affects the figures.

Try creating  your own dax that calculates by Quarter. Something like this.

PerOfQuarter =
VAR QtrTotal =
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Rating[Count] )ALLEXCEPT ( Rating, Rating[Quarter] ) )
RETURN
    SUM ( Rating[Count] ) / QtrTotal

Using your sample document this Measure will give the correct percentages.

PerOfQuarter = 
VAR QtrTotal = 
    CALCULATE ( COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp]) , ALLEXCEPT ( 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2', 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Quarter] ) )
RETURN
    COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp])  / QtrTotal

@stretcharm You are a genious. I got it. Thank a lot. I deeply appreciate your help.

Hopefully you've got it working now.

Check out this list of PowerBI training links that will help you

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Good-Source-to-Learn-DAX/m-p/539642#M253384

Thanks a lot @stretcharm. Really appreciate your help & expertise. Can you guide how & where to add this measure?

Unfortunately I am new to powerBI. Or can you share your PowerBI file so that I can see how you did that. That would be a huge help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.