Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Krcmajster
Helper IV
Helper IV

Clustered chart based on multiple columns

Hi, 

I am have encountered and issue and can't find a solution.

I created the following table in Power BI:

Headlease Rent246246246
Market Rent235240244
Sublease Rent184188 

And I need the following chart (made in excel):
Capture.PNG

I am unable to set the clusters by year (multiple columns). So I want a split on x-axis by columns and legend by rows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Krcmajster,

Please unpivot table in Query Editor mode.

1.PNG2.PNG

Then, please [Type] to X-axis and place [Year] to chart legend.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Krcmajster,

Please unpivot table in Query Editor mode.

1.PNG2.PNG

Then, please [Type] to X-axis and place [Year] to chart legend.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have a large amount of data with thousands of rows that is linked to other measures and visualizations. I suppose unpivoting will affect all these data? Is there an alternative that will keep my data intact since unpivoting will cause thousands of columns?

@abner0   start a new post (i.e. not on this thread) and put some detail in it please.  That's your best option to get help.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

If you shape your data as 'Year', 'Headlease Rent', 'Market Rent', 'Sublease Rent'.  It will go in a clustered column chart like you want it.

It's a small table so you can do that in Excel OR take what you already have and transpose it and add the year column. 

Once you have the data re-shaped, pull Year into Axis and the 3 rent types into Value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.