Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lurked
Regular Visitor

Clustered bar or column chart doesn't summarize correctly?

So I'm trying to make a clustered bar or column chart of tasks by status, assigned to different persons, but PowerBI doesn't correctly summarizes the data.

What I mean is, I have 3 statuses :

1. Not Started
  2. In Progress
  3. Completed

And 3 employees :

1. boivin.francois
  2. duchesne.tommy
  3. proulx.david

And I want to have a clustered bar or column chart which lists the amount of tasks of each status for each employee. The issue is that as soon as one of the employees has a single task of one of the status, the entire amount of tasks of that status will be shown as being assigned to that employee.

Example :

You can see in the table above that I have :

• 5 "Not Started" tasks
    • 3 boivin.francois
    • 1 proulx.david
    • 1 duchesne.tommy.
  • 3 "In Progress" tasks
    • 1 boivin.francois
    • 2 proulx.david

But when we look at the chart, it shows 3 tasks "In Progress" for boivin.francois and also 3 for proulx.david, and 0 for duchesne.tommy. If I add a single "In Progress" task for duchesne.tommy, the total of 4 will be shown for all 3 of the employees, as we can see for the "Not Started" tasks, which shows 5 for every employees.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I simply haven't configured my chart correctly, but I don't understand what's going on right now, anyone has an idea?

I tried several ways of setting the different fields in the chart, but to no success, here's how my parameters look right now :

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

1. If the count of Assign ID coming from a different table just check the join with those tables

2. Also, In case, joins are correct try count distinct

AssignID is from the same table as the tasks, the only field that's from another table is the "Login", but it's already joined :image.png

If I do Count Distinct, all the sums become 1.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.