Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered bar chart with generic Y-axis

Hi all,

I hope one of you can help me with the following question:

I want to put the following 4 graphs in 1 clustered bar chart:

4 separate graphs.PNG

When I try to do this, however, I end up having a clustered bar chart that shows me the same numbers 4 times:

1 graph.PNG

The problem might be in my x-axis definition, since I only put in 'inactive calls' there, but I don't know how to fix it and show me different numbers.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Sander

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think you need to create another Calculated columns or measure by using allexcept as the filter condition.
Could you please share sample data sample pbix?(Please mask any sensitive data before uploading)

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

hi  @Anonymous 

Is it possible to demonstrate what you are expecting, essentially you are counting the rows, what are you wanting to measure?

do you want all active to be clustered on top of each other  rather than side by side?

You will probably have to create a field that you can place on the legend with an IF statement.  If you can provide a little bit of dummy date and give a clear idea of what you are expecting i can put it togther for you.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi both,

Thanks for the replies. You can see some dummy data here:
Data active-inactive problem.PNG

I will simplify my problem with two categories, calls and data. I want to know, how many users (out of 1412) have not used their calls or data bundles (e.g. user 101 in the dataset above). So I defined two extra columns, "Call user types" and "Data user types", stating if a customer is 'active' or 'inactive' for respectively the call and data bundles. In this example, the customer would be marked as 'inactive' caller if the sum of columns B, C, D, E and F is "0". Otherwise, he would be "active".

I want to show the total active vs total inactive users over the two categories in one clustered bar chart. So for this, I think I need to set up a generic y-axis, stating 'Active' and 'Inactive'. And then I want to show the total active call users and total active data users in the 'active' part of the Y-axis. Analogue to the inactive customers. 

Is this possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.