Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Buddhikka
Frequent Visitor

Clustered bar chart with Multiple Column

I am looking for a chart similar to the following in power BI. In Tableau you have chart similar to this.

Chart.png

5 REPLIES 5

@Buddhikka Looks like a small multiples visual. It's currently not supported. The idea is here, with a fair amount of votes.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks Eno,

I have alredy vote the idea. Do you have any idea when Microsoft will take this development since this is a very much needed graph type for the financal industry.

@Buddhikka @Sean I just remembered, I thought I saw this last week in Reza Rad's webinar, but I had to go back and re-check. I had no idea you could do multiples with one of the custom visuals. "Infographic Designer" - I didn't test it out fully to see if you could get the exact same layout, but it looks like it would meet your needs. 

Here is what you need to do to see the walk through, and whether or not it meets your needs.

The webinar is here - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/community-webinars-feb-23-april-6/

Click and register for "2/23/2017 Data Visualization Tips and Tricks by Reza Rad "

This will send you an email with the link to the webinar recording. Jump to 36:30 for the walk through.

Hope that works for you, I'll be testing it out further on my side to see what I can/can't do.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

The Infographic Designer has been on my radar for some time now but I've been delaying really exploring it in depth

I had this link bookmarked (for reviewing "later" - later never came) even before knowing that Multiples can be achieved Smiley Happy

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/infonice/

Now this will be given higher priority! Smiley Happy

@Seth_C_BauerThanks! Smiley Happy

Never seen this Idea! Smiley Happy

I've always wanted the Horizontal and Vertical Multiples from Power View! Smiley Happy

And the Satellite Map Backgound

This is what you get if you try to Import Excel Workbook Contents

EDIT: Of course that message is only for the Visual Containing the Multiples

PowerView Error.png

I see Rob Collie has expressed his support - hopefully that will carry some serious weight with the PBI Team! Smiley Happy

Just added 3 Votes!

EDIT2: BTW @Buddhikka your chart actually looks like 3 Tornado charts next to each other

which I think should be standard in PBI (not Custom) its a Microsoft Visual after all!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.