Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ab00
Regular Visitor

Clustered bar chart, two categories, two measures. Goal: two different colour for each category.

I have the following data

Cost per Product current month.

Cost per product prevous month.

Axis: Product Name (Four Products, Product A to D)

Right now I'm showing a clustered bar chart, with the values for each product, showing the costs per product for the current and prevous month.

My goal is to assign each column respectively each product two different colours that will show the two measures I have.

Right now, it is looking like this:

ab00_0-1626012454473.png

Unfortunately, it is not possible to move the Product Name (Produkt Name) from axis to legend.

How can I get the two colours with the category field?

6 REPLIES 6
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ab00 ,

I create a simple example. How about this?

legend.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ab00
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunatly it doesn't work, when using two different values per category.

FlavioMeneses
Advocate II
Advocate II

Just use a stacked bar chart instead.

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that, in my opinion, the stacked bar chart is not as suitable to show the comparison between the values of the current month and the previous month as the clustered bar chart is.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@ab00 

You cannot use a value on the Legend on Clustered Bar Chart as you desire. Can you provide more details as to what you are trying to achieve?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

ab00
Regular Visitor

My goal is to use different colors for each product. Right now I have two gray colors, one for the values of the current month and one for the values of the previous month, because in the image the two colors are the same for each product. I would like to customize the colors to be able to use, for example, two different green colors for product A, two different blue colors for product B and so on. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.