Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered bar chart grouping by label and showing unique (non-aggregated) cases

Hello, 

I would like to create a clustered bar chart that shows non-aggregated data in three different groups. A simplified version of my table is shown below:

IDLabelDurationDate
2A152/8/2019
4B254/8/2019
7B405/8/2019
9C556/8/2019

I would like to create a bar chart that shows data on a weekly basis where each row is an unique bar and the data is grouped by label. Currently my graph looks like this:
Current Clustered bar chartCurrent Clustered bar chart

The tall bars are aggregated which is something that I do not want, furthermore I would like to group the bars by label (three groups one for each color). 

While in an ideal situation it looks like this:
pbi_clustered_bar_chart_example.png

The columns that I am using for the visualization are already set to "Don't summarize" but because of the nature of the visualization PowerBI aggregates automatically. Would there be a work around to fix the described problem and to get the desired output?

Thanks in advance,

Davo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may take advantage of the Legend field.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/graph-trouble-summing/m-p/564094#M266151

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may take advantage of the Legend field.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/graph-trouble-summing/m-p/564094#M266151

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A working (but not very elegant) solution that I found is creating three bar charts where each bar charts filters one of the three options. By using either an ID or a date with timestamp I could show non aggregated values (the sum of 1 value).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.