Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stevenrizado
Frequent Visitor

Clustered & Line Column Chart - Line value does not align with actual value

Hi everyone,

So I've been learning my way through Power BI using trial & error, and I've created a Line & Clustered Column Chart in order to show the absence frequencies per month per business unit. That wasn't much of an issue. I edited queries to make sure the values correspond correctly (although I get decimal numbers instead of percentages, but that's less important).

Next I inserted a line value, which is the norm value. This should show the maximally accepted absence percentage on a given business unit. As to be seen on the red line below, the data numbers are correct, however the representation in the chart is not. 

I could be wrong, but it looks like the Line value is using it's 'own' kind of Y-axis. Can anyone help me to fix this? In case necessary, the query for this chart is provided below.

Thanks!

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ValentinBIA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Stevenrizado,

When you click on your Line & Clustered Column Chart. go to the Visualization pane, and then Format tab.

On the format tab expand the Y-Axis part, and there you can set a Start and an End value for your Y-Axis Column, and if you scroll a bit down, you will see that you can set a Start an End value for your Y-Axis Line aswell.

Try setting the same value for Start and End for both the Y-Axis Column and Y-Axis Line. You should get what you are looking for.

Hope I understood correctly your issue, and that my post will solve your problem.

Best,

Valentin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ValentinBIA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Stevenrizado,

When you click on your Line & Clustered Column Chart. go to the Visualization pane, and then Format tab.

On the format tab expand the Y-Axis part, and there you can set a Start and an End value for your Y-Axis Column, and if you scroll a bit down, you will see that you can set a Start an End value for your Y-Axis Line aswell.

Try setting the same value for Start and End for both the Y-Axis Column and Y-Axis Line. You should get what you are looking for.

Hope I understood correctly your issue, and that my post will solve your problem.

Best,

Valentin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Valentin, 

I am not finding formating option for Y-Axis line.  I currently set Auto for Start and End of Y-Axis(Column).  

Y-Axis lines for me are fixed values and I see some sort of spikes at some part of the chart. 

Not sure how to attached the snapshot to this message.  There is only option to specify the link.  Should i attached to the web and provide the link here? 

Hi all,

I was faced with the same issue described in this post.  I implemented Valentin's solution and that worked.  (Thanks Bro.)

However, I noticed a "Show Secondary" toggle on the Y-Axis formatting options.  Toggling this to off produced the desired results, without the secondary Y-axis.  

This seems like a much better way to go... since the desired Y-axis range is the same, a secondary Y axis is just redundant and a visual distraction, and possible confusion, for end users. 

Perhaps microsoft only added this toggle after Valentin posted his solution.

it's great solution! Thanks

Fantastic Valentin!

Simple, yet so effective.

Take care,

Stefan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.