Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rikkijp
Frequent Visitor

Clustered Column chart with Data from two datasets

I feel like I am being dense and what I want to do is possible but I can't figure it out.

I have two separate datasets in my powerbi.

The first is an odata link to an onprem SharePoint list where I am pivoting the quantity of projects in progress by team name. Unique identifier /value in that data set is ID - so its telling me each team has a status of x projects that is "in progress". (image below)

I have another set of data that is a list of the same team names, with their capacity. Its a manual chart added in excel to the powerbi. (image below)

I have the two datasets linked by the team names that match

I want to create a clustered column chart where I can show the work in progress by team, next to what their capacity is.

How can I do this? I can't seem to figure out how to get both to line up on teh same chart. I cannot update the sharepoint list - and want to be able to refresh to get a current portrait of work in progress on the chart.

Excel by Team

excelbyteam.png

Sharepoint by Team:

sharepointbyteam.png

DataSets:

datasets.png

Result in Excel:

excel.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Technically you have 1 dataset (Data model) and 2 tables. You either need to merge the 2 tables into 1, or load a third table that contains a list of all of the unique team names, remove the current join and link both tables to the new table. Put the column from the third table as the axis, and then columns from the other 2 tables as your values

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Technically you have 1 dataset (Data model) and 2 tables. You either need to merge the 2 tables into 1, or load a third table that contains a list of all of the unique team names, remove the current join and link both tables to the new table. Put the column from the third table as the axis, and then columns from the other 2 tables as your values

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

THANK YOU! It was right in front of my face!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors