Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ldenney
Regular Visitor

Clustered Column and Line Chart - Conditional formatting

Hello Community –

I am working on a line and clustered column chart. I have 7 tables – 1 table called ENTITY with various financial calculations; a comparative group (Metropolitan, Micropolitan, Rural) and year. The 6 linked tables contain benchmark financial data by year and have a corresponding comparative group (2 tables for Metropolitan, 2 tables for Micropolitan, 2 tables for Rural). I also have a slicer to select an entity. I have all 6 benchmarks as lines and one financial indicator from the Entity table as the column.

All 6 benchmark lines are making the visualization too cluttered and I would like to only show the related comparative group benchmark. I don’t want to add another slicer to filter by comparative group as the user may not know what comparative group corresponds to the entity. I have looked at the data colors on the format tab and don’t see a way to use a conditional format.

Any suggestions on how to solve?

Thanks!financial_graphic.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @ldenney 

Based on my research, Line chart (even in  Clustered-Column-and-Line-Char) does not support conditional formatting in  PowerBI yet currently.

I  think you  have no choice but to manually set different line colors and add another slicer to filter.

z3.png

In addition ,you can come up with a new  idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @ldenney 

Based on my research, Line chart (even in  Clustered-Column-and-Line-Char) does not support conditional formatting in  PowerBI yet currently.

I  think you  have no choice but to manually set different line colors and add another slicer to filter.

z3.png

In addition ,you can come up with a new  idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.