Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered Column Chart with two different colours inside each column

I have the following data

Year by Year Investment Budget (with two categories)
Year by Year Investmnet Actual Expenses (with the same two categories)

Right now I'm showing a Clustered Column Chart that shows for each year two columns comparing the Budget and Actual expenses next to each other.

I need to have inside each column two different colours that will show the two categories I have.

Right Now I'm using the default Clustered Column Chart with this fields:

Axis: Year

Value:  - Sum of Budget

- Sum of Actual

How can I get the two colours with the category field

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi scostas,

To achieve different color of categories, just put the category column to legend field in your chart.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Visual doesn't allow me to add the category field to Legend. These is how I have the data right now.

The table contains all my investmetns with their categories their original budget and the forecast (which for the previous years it's what the final expenses where. What I need is to have each column bearing two colours (I have only two categories that I will be showing).

The categories are basically indication if the project was in the original investment plan or not.

The first column will always show only one colour because all the projects with a value in Budget belonged to the category that belonged to the original budget. But the forecast will have  mix of the two colours, showing the value for the investments from the original budget that was done and the aditional value for new investmetns that was added. 

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.