Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

johnv

Clustered Column Chart with two data sets

I am relatively new to Power BI and am trying to display some survey results in a bar chart. I have two seperate data sources for two seperate groups of people. The survey questions asked the user to give a rank from 1 to 5 to a group of questions. The bar charts display the rank given along the x axis and a count of how many people chose each rank. I am able to create seperate bar charts that show the data but when I try to do a clustered bar chart it shows up as a count for one group of data (correctly) and a total for the other even though both are set to be counts. I think it has something to do with the Axis fields but I do not fully understand how these work.

Clustered Column ChartClustered Column ChartSeparate Bar chartsSeparate Bar charts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@johnv 

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/One-slicer-for-two-tables-M-M/td-p/523095

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@johnv 

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/One-slicer-for-two-tables-M-M/td-p/523095

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Make sure to use not only the Axis but also the legend to do the break-down.

Thank you

Tomas Santandreu Polanco |Principal Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

That does not seem to help my issue. If I have two Axis and two value data sources, it won't even let me put anything in Legend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John 

Do you have two tables on this model?

Is there an active relationship between these two tables?

Tomas Santandreu Polanco |Principal Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.