Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rashid0146
Regular Visitor

Clustered Column Chart is not showing the drill down date view

Hi Community members

I have two column in a table one is date of joining and 2nd is date of Leaving. Both Columns have same format that is date. In powerBI desktop When i put the date of joining field in Clusterd Column Chart its showing date month and year separately and also shows drill down and up view. I can see easily the joiners in year then drilling down to quarters and months.

But when we put the date of leaving field in clusterd column chart it does not break the whole date into year, months and days but only shows the full date and drilling down option is not available.

I checked many times in edit query view the format of the column but I dont come to the point that why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated

Best Regards

Rashid Anwar 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @rashid0146,

On PBI when you have 2 dste fields in the same table only one of them as the time intelligence functions working. You have two ways of handling this:

1 - Create columns for year/quater/month for the date of leaving and creating the hierarchy manually.
2 - Create a calendar table and make inactive relatiships with both dste columns, then using the USERRELATIONSHIP formula create your measure and use the calendar date in your visuals.

In my opinion when dealing with multiple date columns the best practice is the second one

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @rashid0146,

On PBI when you have 2 dste fields in the same table only one of them as the time intelligence functions working. You have two ways of handling this:

1 - Create columns for year/quater/month for the date of leaving and creating the hierarchy manually.
2 - Create a calendar table and make inactive relatiships with both dste columns, then using the USERRELATIONSHIP formula create your measure and use the calendar date in your visuals.

In my opinion when dealing with multiple date columns the best practice is the second one

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.