Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered Column Chart and stacked point

Hello, 

Is there any way I can stack two bars on a single point in a clustered bar chart?

In the below example I'd like to merge Actual Deliveries and Forecast for 2020. 

seferreirama_0-1596116952469.png

However, grouping Actual Deliveries and Forecast does not work since I still need the drill down for the 2020 months to have Actual Deliveries and Forecast separated as shown below. 

seferreirama_1-1596117109087.png

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous   ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

As a workaround, you may create another measure to get sum total of Actual Deliveries and Forecast like DAX below, then put it into a new created Tooltips , see more :Customize tooltips in Power BI Desktop.

Sum  Actual Deliveries and Forecast=

_var _Actual =CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sales]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Type] = "Actual Deliveries"))

var _Forecast =CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sales]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Type] = "Forecast"))

Forecast

_Actua+ _Forecast

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , not clear. IF is date hierarchy or you have taken year and month. Use the reverse square Y sign and expand 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak the Actual Deliveries and Forecast are essentially the same data, but Forecast is for the future months and Actual deliveries is for the months in the past. I want to keep these two separate on the monthly view but on the year level, I'd like to stack the Actual Deliveries and the Forecast Bar to be able to compare the sum of these two to the Allocation for 2020.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors