Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered Column Chart: add latest month available as a column

Hi there,

I am fairly new to PowerBI and I'm having trouble with my clustered column chart.

In my report, this clustered column chart is built as follows:

- Axis: categories

- Value: amounts in euro

- Legend: date < year (from a date hierarchy)

This means that I now have one column representing 2018 and one column representing 2019 YTD.

Next, I would like to have a third column that represents the data from the latest full month available. For example, in my data, the most recent full month that was uploaded is May 2019. I would like to have a column that represents May 2019 next to the 2018 FY and the 2019 YTD ones.

There is also data from June 2019, but this isn't relevant before the month-end closing. However, once month-end closing is done, it would be great if the column can show June 2019 instead of May 2019 automatically.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, I would need to know how you determine when is a full month. It may be:

• If I get a register with the last day of the month.
  • By a custom table from your business.
  • Not counting the weekend days.

And you wrote this "it would be great if the column can show June 2019 instead of May 2019 automatically." I think you mean the contrary, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for the reply!

A full month would be when there is a register/line that has the last day of the month as posting date, but indeed not counting the weekend days because there will be no data during weekends (good thinking).

With "it would be great if the column can show June 2019 instead of May 2019 automatically" I meant that when we eventually arrive in July, the column should display/switch to June. Sorry for the confusion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.