Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

Clustered Column Chart X Axis

a1.PNG

The above chart has 3 Regoins on X-axis. If you see the EMEA and NA region,

EMEA has data from YELLOW bar to Grey bar. I don't understand why there's a gap in between. 

Coming to NA it has only one data bar but why is this showing towards the left instead of showing right above my X-axis NA.

My data doesn't have any blank of null values.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pxg08680

Product team will consider it and add feature if more people vote it. Power BI will become better afther your support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pxg08680,

I create an example to diescribe how the clustered column chart to disply.

my sample tablemy sample table
I create a clusted column chart as follows. 

2.PNG

At first, it will identify total distinct cagegories, in column there will be 5(a,b,c,d,e) categories shown in different colors. For each region, it will reserve 5 bar space, and the order of bar is based on the order displayed on the above(highlighted in red line circle). For the values on X-axis, it will shows all bars if there are 5 subcategories for it, otherwise there will be gap. For example, there are 4(a,b,c,d), so there will be a bar gap next to d(yellow) bar. And there is 4 bar gap before e(grey) bar for C value on axis. There is a bar gap between a(green) and c(red), a gap after d(yellow) for D value on x-axis, because there are no b and e categories for D in my table.

So for your scenario, EMEA has data from YELLOW bar to Grey bar. there is a gap becasue there are no Hong Kong Dol, Indian Rupee, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Malaysian Ring, New Zealand D and Singepore categories for EMEA. The same way is used to NA and APAC region. We can't disable the gap until now, please review this idea and vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft

Thanks for replying. Yea I figured this out previously but was hoping if someone could solve this. I'll vote it.

Hi @pxg08680,

Could you please mark the helpful reply as answer? So more people will get useful information and benefit from here. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Angelia

Hi @pxg08680

Product team will consider it and add feature if more people vote it. Power BI will become better afther your support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.