Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GiveMeArrays
Frequent Visitor

Clustered Column Chart - Secondary Axis - That Is Also a Clustered Column Chart & Not a Line

Hi Community,

Is there an out-of-the-box method to have a secondary axis in a clustered column chart that is not a line, but rather, part of the same clustered column?  If so, how is this accomplished?

Some context:  There is one measure from another table (most recent data) that I need to add to the clustered column chart.  It would be great to avoid appending/merging queries from separate tables to try to accomplish this (using the standard clustered chart with a single axis).

Thank You!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GiveMeArrays ,

Please check if the following visuals are what you are trying to find...

Two Axis for Clustured Bar/Column Chart

yingyinr_2-1666680959510.png

Dual Axis Chart in Microsoft Power BI – Step By Step

yingyinr_0-1666680736162.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Generally, the bottom chart is what I'm working on, but I'm only able to drag one field into the Y-axis bucket.  If I drag a second item into it, the field that's in there gets deleted/replaced by the new (2nd) item.  How do I prevent it from being automatically removed?...I see in your pic that two items are in the Y-axis bucket.

Thank You!

Hi @GiveMeArrays ,

The fields which I apply in Y-axis bucket are measures, could you please provide the related info of the fields which you apply in Y-axis bucket(For example: sample data, Fields setting of your visual and screenshot etc.)? 

It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community 

yingyinr_0-1666752217600.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yep, in my Y-axis I'm trying to put two measures using the clustered column chart; both are count measures relating to dates.  For security, I cannot share data or screenshots.

Thank You!

Hi @GiveMeArrays ,

OK, understand. Could you please just provide some fake data with Text format, the fields applied on the clustered column chart and the formula of these two measures? Later I will make troubleshooting based on your provided info and give you a suitable solution. Thank you.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.