Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JCBI1023
Helper III
Helper III

Clustered Column Chart - Axis Help (with pictures)

Hello!

I am working with the Clustered Column Chart to compare FY Month GP.  Our FY goes from October to November. I created a Fiscal Year Calendar table that looks like this. And I am sorting all my month columns by "FiscalMonthNo" so that I can ultimatley setup my Data to Format comparing Late Years Fiscal year Month to this Years Fiscal Year Month. 

Calendar Table.png

I then have seperate tables where my Data is containted. For Example, here's a look at my "Service GP" table.

I setup a relationship between the Date column in this  table and the Date column in my Calendar table.

Fiscal Year Service GP.png

I also created and added two measured columns to this table:

1) FY2017 Service GP = CALCULATE(SUM('Service GP'[GP]),FILTER('Service GP','Service GP'[Fiscal Year] = "2017"))

2) FY2018 Service GP = CALCULATE(SUM('Service GP'[GP]),FILTER('Service GP','Service GP'[Fiscal Year] = "2018"))

When I plot my Data using the Axis "FiscalYYYY-MM" and then Values are my Meaures (FY2017 Service GP) and (FY2018 Service GP), My data is sorted properly but how do I get the columns closer together? I think it has something to do with my Date data but I am not sure.

For example, 2017-November should be right next to (clustered with) 2018-November so it's easier to compare. 

Data is seperated.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you try putting your fiscal month number column in the axis field above your FiscalYYYY-MM field. This should then group and sort first on month number and then by the dates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you try putting your fiscal month number column in the axis field above your FiscalYYYY-MM field. This should then group and sort first on month number and then by the dates.

That works! Now how do I show Nov-17/Nov-18 as opposed to 1, etc.

1 or dare.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.