Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered Bar Values

Hello Everyone!

I want to display some values in Clustered Bar Chart. My table has three columns and data is available in following format.

|Column 1| Column 2| Column 3|

|exp 1       | 23.2         | 23-3-2016|
|exp 2       | 43.2         | 24-2018   |

|exp 3       | 63.2         | 21-2-2018|

|exp 1       | 13.2         | 23-8-2018|

|exp 1       | 32.2         | 20-3-2018|

|exp 2       | 93.2         | 2-3-2017|

Now what i want to do is to Use the clustered bar and on the Y-Axis i want  to display TWO values of  Column 1 and on the X-Axis i want to display the range of Column 2 which will be different values.

I also want to change the values on Y-Axis using the slicer dropdown or list. There can be one dedicated drop down for one value and one for another.

Looking forward to your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Michiel
Resolver III
Resolver III

I'm not sure I get what you're looking for, but you can include Column 1 on the Y-axis, SUM([Column 2]) as value (X-axis), and add a slicer containing Column 1 with multi-select.

And you could change the measure into something like 

IF(DISTINCTCOUNT([Column 1])=2, SUM([Column 2]) )

to only show the chart when exactly two Column 1 values are selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michiel Dear, i want to achieve this. Is it possible? i want to change values on x and y axis using slicer. These values are available in one column on different rows.

pic2.png

Still not getting it. This is still a bar chart as in your first question? In the Y-axis slicer, you could select e.g. 'exp 1' and 'exp 2' as I mentioned earlier. Don't see how you would select a col1 value in the second slicer for the X-axis, though. I assume the value in the chart will be the sum of the values in col 2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michiel 

Yes VALUE will be sum or average of the values in the col 2. 

As far as the chart is concerned, Yes i am refering to a bar chart. Is there any possible way to select dynammic x-axis and y-axis through slicers?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.