Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Clickable Visio Visual

Hi there,

Is it possible to make a clickable Visio visual? I got a Visio visual which contains 12 hexagons. I want to link each hexagon to a different page so that when someone clicks on the hexagon, it would bring it to the connected page. Is it possible to do it in Power BI?

7 REPLIES 7
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dunner2020 

I have no way to completely restore your scene, because I have no way to find a suitable Visio diagram, Could you provide a sample so that we can better deal with the problem ?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I have attached file, please let me know if it wont work 

Main file here

Visio diagram here

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

or save the visio visual as a gif? Is that possible?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dunner2020 , sorry haven't use a visio, but could it be the level on the canvas? Either a Format and move back, or a Selection.  Or maybe could you put it in as a background to page?  In these don't solve it, to get more people looking at this, I would repost your question. Good Luck!
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Capture5.PNGCapture4.PNG

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dunner2020 , I have done something like this, but it has been a long time ago.  You will need to create bookmarks, and then create transparent buttons in each of the hexagons which will call the bookmarks.  As I recall it is a lot of work tracking the bookmarks, so you may want to experiment with one or two, and see if it worth your while.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-buttons

Hi Capture3.PNGHere is a button with everything turned off, and you can only see it by hovering over it. Then you will see the three dots.

Nathaniel

@Nathaniel_C , Thanks for your reply. I also thought to use the transparent button and bookmark to link hexagon to the destination page. However, when I tried to place the button on the heaxagon (which is present in visio visual), it does not let me Animation.gifdo that as shown in the following picture. Do you have any suggestion?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.