Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cvillegas
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Clickable Tooltips on Hover idea

During the first TripleA event with Amanda for Power BI I submitted a feature request question that got quite a few quick kudos. The feature was to have clickable tooltips on hover as well as resizing of the tooltip features. What the response was is that it's a fairly large task for the dev team to make that work and the PBI team would need some good use cases and reasons for this feature enhancement.

The reason for this is mainly because of a few of the hiccups we've experienced in the product.

1. There are quite a few limitations in some of the visuals for navigation or hyperlink and urls in the product and a quick workaround to some of those could be to add clickable tooltips that would allow us to have users route to pages. (Example: Map visuals don't have a way for us to allow users to click on a state or country and then launch a site.)

2. When using another report page as a tooltip it always takes up a large portion of the screen and doesn't seem to be resizable.

3. There isn't a way to make dynamic hyperlinks without using the table view which requires a header, this would allow for urls without the header.

I've tried the ideas site before, but it's really difficult to get anything voted on past 10 or 20 votes so it doesn't really get much visibility so I figured i'd try to post on here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@cvillegas great idea. You should post the link to the idea here and also share it thru social media to get attention so that you get voting to get product development attention.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LinLinB
Advocate I
Advocate I

There's no solutions here - removed / not active

cvillegas
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Sort of with the modern tooltip and drillthrough.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@cvillegas great idea. You should post the link to the idea here and also share it thru social media to get attention so that you get voting to get product development attention.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Did they ever add this feature? (as far as I have seen they haven't but thought I'd ask in case I missed it) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.