Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tabuzahra
Helper II
Helper II

Clickable Table Values To Another Report Page

Hello,

Kindly, I'm new to power bi and I'm trying to have an interactive portfolio dashboard, where the first report page will have all the clients images and each image will transfer the user to "Projects List" report page.

I'm facing an issue where the projects list is dynamic and might change from time to time, and I want the user to click any of the projects in the list and transfer you to another report page which is "Project Status Report".

Please if you need any further clarifications, don't hesitate to let me know.

8 REPLIES 8
karpagam
Frequent Visitor

hi @tabuzahra 
Did you find any solution for the above problem ?
I am also encountering same problem like you ,
Kindly reply me.

ftgpdx
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

Building upon the drill-through recommendations, I suggest you take a look at this doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drill-through-buttons

You'll need to modify it slightly so the buttons have images (I would use the Chiclet slicer as it supports images) but otherwise appears to resolve your issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it unbelievable that this feature doesn't exist. Pretty mind boggling, to be honest.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@tabuzahra ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you are going to create a "Projects List" report page which contains links to other report page.

In this scenario, we can use the “Drill Through” feature in PowerBI. Please refer to the following steps:

Firstly, we can create a table visual for this table in the "Projects List" report page. Then open one of the "Project Status Report" pages, drag the Project column to the Drillthrough filter. For other report pages, do the same operation.
1.png

After that, we can open the "Projects List" report page, right-click on the table visual, select Drillthrough -> select the page you want.
2.png

For more information, please refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough.

If you still have questions, please share sample data of your table and post expected result here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your response and suggestion. I think my idea didn't reach you very well, my apology.

Actually, I want the first report to be "Clients" report page which has all the clients images (shown below)

clients.png

In this page, the user will click on the image, and the image will transfer him to another report page which is the "Projects List". (shown below)

projects list.png

In each project listed in this table which is obtained from the "Projects Names" column, and I want it to be clickable to redirect the user to another report page which is ("Selected" Project Status Report)

My challenge is how to have this table list to be clickable to redirect me to the "Project Status Report" without using the "Drillthrough" function. As I'm using it right now.

@tabuzahra ,

>>In each project listed in this table which is obtained from the "Projects Names" column, and I want it to be clickable to redirect the user to another report page which is ("Selected" Project Status Report)

In this scenario, I think we can’t find a method better than Drill Through, generally, we can link the button or image to a bookmark, but for Table Visual, we can’t link the cell inside it to a bookmark.

Could you please tell us why don’t you use Drill Through?  Please feel free to tell us.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

I want to use this method instead of the drillthrough as I want to build this dashboard for executives to access it through iPads or Mobile device and it's hard for the user to use the drillthrough through the mobile app.

@tabuzahra ,

I am afraid that the most suitable method is drill through in your scenario.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.