Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Click Graph to Filter

I have two graphs/visuals that I am placing on the same page. The first graph is basically sales per month and the second graph is sales per person. When I click the month in the first graph, I want the second graph to only take the sales from that month.

It sort of works. When I click the first graph it creates the shadow bar (which shows the total/the same amount before the click) and it shows the amount per month per person in the smaller/darker shade bar.

Thanks in advanced.

BEFORE CLICK

Before ClickBefore Click

AFTER CLICKClicked on MonthClicked on Month

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous  I assume you want the 2nd graph to filter the data and not show a subset.  Here are the steps:

1) Go to Format - Edit Ineractions

2) Hover over the 2nd graph and click on the 'Filter Icon'

The 2nd graph will now show the filtered data and not a subset. Images are attached. 

EditInteractions.JPGfilter.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

You want to filter out other values in the second chart, only to show related month values when clicking a specifc bar in the first chart, right? I'm not this is not supported by now. It will highlight the bars by default. As a workaround, you can add a slicer to filter both charts.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous  I assume you want the 2nd graph to filter the data and not show a subset.  Here are the steps:

1) Go to Format - Edit Ineractions

2) Hover over the 2nd graph and click on the 'Filter Icon'

The 2nd graph will now show the filtered data and not a subset. Images are attached. 

EditInteractions.JPGfilter.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sensei!

*bows*

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.