Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearing a Bookmark View to current page version

Frequent Visitor
Clearing a Bookmark View to current page version

I am using bookmarks to navigate between report tabs so that when I embed my report the user experience is better. I have two questions:

1) If I save a bookmark to a page and then update that page, the bookmark goes to the OLD version rather than the current version. Is there a way to have the bookmark go to the CURRENT version of my tab all the time?

2) When I click the bookmark in the desktop editor, it takes me the to OLD bookmarked version of the page. How do I get out of this view and back to the current version? Once I am in the bookmarked view of that tab, navigating away and coming back by clicking the tab only shows the bookmarked view rather than my current working version of the page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

Bookmarks are great but they can be frustrating to work with.  When you make a change to the page that you want the bookmark to point to you have to update the bookmark.  

Open the Bookmarks Pane under Open > View.

Hold your mouse over the bookmark you want to update (don't click).  If you move your mouse over the ... at the end of the name you should see the note "More Options".  

When you see more options clicking on the ... will open the menu where you can select "Update" and that bookmark will be pointing at the new view.

UpdateBookmarks.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

Bookmarks are great but they can be frustrating to work with.  When you make a change to the page that you want the bookmark to point to you have to update the bookmark.  

Open the Bookmarks Pane under Open > View.

Hold your mouse over the bookmark you want to update (don't click).  If you move your mouse over the ... at the end of the name you should see the note "More Options".  

When you see more options clicking on the ... will open the menu where you can select "Update" and that bookmark will be pointing at the new view.

UpdateBookmarks.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this! What about if I have CLICKED the bookmark, therefore taking me to the old Bookmarked page. How do I get to the current version of the page before updating the bookmark?

If undo doesn't get you back you could try closing without saving then reopening.  If that doesn't work you will have to rebuild the view you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been doing the "Close Without Saving" - but that seems crazy that someone can wipe out all of their work by clicking a bookmark. hmmmm

If you catch it I think the undo will work but that is why I say the can be frustrating.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.