cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ribamar_matias
Frequent Visitor

Clear slicer selection in hidden pane

Hi guys, is it possible to clear a slicer selection in a hidden panel ?

I've created a collapsible panel to hide a group of slicers (it has almost 10) and its working fine; but when the user needs to clear the selected filters, he has to open this collapsed pane and clear previous filters manually;

I could clear the slicers displaying the pane with no values assigned, but I had to show the pane again;

I'd like to clear the filters without having to open this customized pane; it is possible ? I want to create a button to clear all without having to open this slicers pane;

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Jase71ds
Frequent Visitor

Re: Clear slicer selection in hidden panel

Yes, this is easily doable.

You need to use Power BI Desktop bookmarks. You'll probably want the user to click a button that resets everything - if so, you will then link that bookmark action to your button.

If you are unfamiliar - spend 30 min on YouTube. Search for "Power BI Bookmark Button". The "Guy in a Cube" channel has a really good tutorial on this.

ribamar_matias
Frequent Visitor

Re: Clear slicer selection in hidden pane

Thanks Jase,

I'm not sure I was clear; my solution already involves a collapsed pane with several slicers, visible when the user clicks a button with a bookmark action, programmed  to show this pane; I could program a new button to reload this pane with no values assigned;

I'm looking for a solution to clear all filters without showing this pane; 

Community Support
Community Support

Re: Clear slicer selection in hidden pane

Hi @ribamar_matias ,

I'd like to clear the filters without having to open this customized pane; it is possible ? I want to create a button to clear all without having to open this slicers pane;

We can use bookmark to work around.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors