Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mahitham
Helper I
Helper I

Clear All Slicers by one button in power bi desktop ?

Hi Community,

Is there any way to clear all the selected Records in the Slicers by one click on Power BI desktop.

In qliksense there is Global Clear All option within desktop. Do we have this oprion in Power Bi desktop.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

clearall.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Find the below images showing the same

1.The Report is created with a slicer present for making selections

Report with SlicerReport with Slicer

2. The Below image shows the way to add Bookmark in the report

Adding BookmarkAdding Bookmark

3. Once an image is added,

1. Click on the image.

2. An Action Option will be visible in the Properties pane.

3. There set the type as Bookmark and in Bookmark section select the Bookmark present in the report

Assigning Bookmark to ImageAssigning Bookmark to Image

In Power BI Desktop, Ctlr+Click on the image for the Bookmak to work. In PBI Service, a simple click is enough for it to work

Click here to get the PBIX file with Bookmarks implemented. Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Mschoonderwolf
Regular Visitor

There is an option now to clear all slicers directly from the menu-->Insert--Buttons--Clear all slicers

This slicer works great, but when I add my own tooltip, only the generic "CTRL+click here to follow link" tooltip appears. I can't even edit the tooltip I added ("Click here to clear all slicers"). Have you run across this issue?

mae101

Hi,

there is also a detailled tutorial available describing how to create such a button:

https://livingandcoding.com/blog/create-a-button-to-clear-all-filters-in-power-bi-in-4-easy-steps/

Regards

Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @mahitham,

There is no any direct way to clear all the Slicer selections at one shot.

Instead you can achieve it by an alternative way

1. Create a bookmark with the view similar to the report. (No Slicer should be selected with creating the Bookmark i.e. Full data should be displayed)

2. Provide an image as "Clear Filters" and make that image to render your bookmark.

Bookmarks by default does not hold the slicer selections made in the report

Hi,

I am new to Power BI. Could you Please add the Screen shots for implemeting.

I have found Book Mark Pane under View Ribbon.

Thanks

Hi,

Find the below images showing the same

1.The Report is created with a slicer present for making selections

Report with SlicerReport with Slicer

2. The Below image shows the way to add Bookmark in the report

Adding BookmarkAdding Bookmark

3. Once an image is added,

1. Click on the image.

2. An Action Option will be visible in the Properties pane.

3. There set the type as Bookmark and in Bookmark section select the Bookmark present in the report

Assigning Bookmark to ImageAssigning Bookmark to Image

In Power BI Desktop, Ctlr+Click on the image for the Bookmak to work. In PBI Service, a simple click is enough for it to work

Click here to get the PBIX file with Bookmarks implemented. Hope this helps!!!

Bookmarks doesn't work when you publish the report to the dashboard. Is there a workaround there?

I just found if you create a bookmark you need to leave Data selected in the options and it works. I normally turn this off based on a tutorial to show/hide visuals so filter come over properly. In this case leaving Data selected restores the book mark to the original data settings which is 'Unflitered'.

bookmark.png

Hi @kristian8 ,

Don't think there is an option available directly to have bookmarks in Dashboards.

The Bookmarks that you set in the Power BI Desktop are also applicable to only reports in Power BI Service.

You can upvote the idea in the below link

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=426d63b5-8203-4be6-8ad8-2c00f6548938

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi All

i want to follow this post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is PERFECT - I spent a day searching for the reason why clear filter button was not working.. when I believed to be doing the right thing - only to find out (get this) - you need to hold down the control key while hitting the "button" in the desktop version, and only hit the "button" in the web (published) version.  Thanks so much  Thejeswar!!!!  Truly appreciated!

Omg. You saved me hours of desperation. Thank you

I had already specified ctrl + click inDesktop while a simple click in Web Version for the button to work Smiley Very Happy

I am able to reset the slicers but along with slicers, I want to filter out the text that I added to the Slicer by using the feature of Search. Is it possible to remove both slicer selection and search text in one go itself?

Could you find an answer for this?

Thanks alot for your clear Explanation 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.