Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jddaa

Cleaning and ordering data from a quotation. Order by levels

Hi all!

I would like to hear from you about an workflow wich I have to build.  This is an example imput data:

Code ResumenUnitsUnit PriceTotal
01CHAPTERCHAPTER DESCRIPTION  5.25
01.01SUB-CHAPTERSUB-CHAPTER DESCRIPTION  5.25
GXX1Product1ProductDescription11.0000.500.50
GXX2Product2ProductDescription22.0002.004.00
GXX3Product3ProductDescription31.0000.250.25
GXX4Product4ProductDescription45.0000.100.50

I would like to organize the products to stay into it subchapter (it can be up to 5 levels, for example 01.02.03.01.01) in order to present them in a matrix table in power bi. I tried first to extract the digits of the code in order to organize it in 5 levels. The point is that each product has an assigned code of the subchapter , summarizing it to the total column. 

Any idea about how to prepare the data to get processed? Any idea will be appreciated, thank you all!!

Total number of rows to process is about 300...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edugoncalves
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @jddaa ,

In the original data, do you have any attributes that allows you to know the hierarchy path from "Chapter" to "Product"?

How do you know, without viewing the table, which chapter, sub-chapter a given product belongs to?

You will need to have the hierarchy exposed to the last level (in this case, product)...

For instance, if we have a code like 0101GXX1, we can start creating a star-schema around this:
- Chapter: 01 (first 2 digits);
- Sub-Chapter: 0101 (first 4 digits);

- Product: GXX1.

Best Regards,
Eduardo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edugoncalves
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @jddaa ,

In the original data, do you have any attributes that allows you to know the hierarchy path from "Chapter" to "Product"?

How do you know, without viewing the table, which chapter, sub-chapter a given product belongs to?

You will need to have the hierarchy exposed to the last level (in this case, product)...

For instance, if we have a code like 0101GXX1, we can start creating a star-schema around this:
- Chapter: 01 (first 2 digits);
- Sub-Chapter: 0101 (first 4 digits);

- Product: GXX1.

Best Regards,
Eduardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.