Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Citrix Error on all Power BI reports

Hi,

I am a consultant and are required to access clients system, often with citrix.  I have come across and issue where I am unable to open any PBI reports on my desktop directly.  Initially the message, was asking me to sign into citrx for one of my past clients.   Mind you every report gives this error.  Regardless of if it is was accessing an excel sheet on my desktop.  I uninstalled citrix workspace and now, I just get a ctrix error when attemtping to open a report. 

What I can do, I can open a report if I open Power BI first and find the report.  I am baffled, My internal company does not require Citrx.  We have a VPN.  I do not know of any setting in a power bi report that would contain anything like that.  My desktop has report server and a gateway, I stopped both of those, still the same issue.  So where I stand now is every report give a Citrix Workspace Error X 'An erorr occured while launching your application.'  for every report attempting to double click on report.  I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.  

Suzanne

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know why this happened, but I removed all traces of citrix from my user profile on C drive, just deleted the files and I was able to open reports again.  I think it would be really helpful if we could find out why this happened.  

Hi @Anonymous ,

It may be that the file type or protocol is not associated with a specific program. Try to associate the file type or protocol with a specific program manually.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, the file type was associated.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.