Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ravikumarmb
Regular Visitor

Circular Dependency Error / Group By

Hi Team,

I have a table where it consists of ID, ProductID, Product Name, Region, location, date, previous year sales, current year sales and Enity fields.

I got a requirement wherein I need to show the average of current year sales and previous sales by applying a group by on product name and a RAG indicator in Table Visualization.

The indicator is something like if current year sales in greater than previous then green, if previous year is greater than Red color and if it is equal then yellow in table visualization.

To achieve this I calculated 2 measures to find average of previous and current years values, then calculated a column(RAG), which specify the condition which indicator has to be taken.

Indicators I am using third Party URLs in table creating a ID and establishing a relationship with ID Column and RAG Column.

I am heading a problem here when I am trying to establish a its throwing as message Circular Dependency Error cannot Establish Relationship.

Please try to help me out in this.

Kindly the Find the attached screen shot where u can get much info about the visualization. My out Put should be some wat like this.

ThanksIndicator.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ravikumarmb

That is most likely because you are trying to make a calculated column. Try to make it as a measure, and then get back to us with the result.

Best,

Martin

ravikumarmb
Regular Visitor

Hi Team,

I have a table where it consists of ID, ProductID, Product Name, Region, location, date, previous year sales, current year sales and Enity fields.

I got a requirement wherein I need to show the average of current year sales and previous sales by applying a group by on product name and a RAG indicator in Table Visualization.

The indicator is something like if average of current year sales in greater than  average previous then green, if previous year is greater than current Red color and if it is equal then yellow in table visualization.

To achieve this I calculated 2 measures to find average of previous and current years values, then calculated a column(RAG), which specify the condition which indicator has to be taken.

Indicators I am using third Party URLs in table creating a ID and establishing a relationship with ID Column and RAG Column.

I am heading a problem here when I am trying to establish a its throwing as message Circular Dependency Error cannot Establish Relationship.

Please try to help me out in this.

Kindly the Find the attached screen shot where u can get much info about the visualization.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ravikumarmb

Have responded to your other pots.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.