Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

croberts21
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Choosing new date in date slicer does not update the date

I'm still pretty new to PBI. I have the free PBI Desktop v2.105 (64 bit free version May 2022) on Windows 10, actually Windows Server 2019 Datacenter v1809. (We upgraded PBI recently.)

I have a report which has a date slicer which shows 2 dates: a begin date and end date. When I click in the begin date the calendar shows. I click to a new month, click on a date, and the calendar disappears, but the begin date does not change. Even when I click tab to go to the end date the start date does not change to the new date I chose. Entering dates by hand works, the dropdown calendar does not.

Ok what I'm seeing is, if a very specific pixel on the tip of the mouse pointer is not on the pixels that make up the digit of the day in the calendar, PBI is not registering a date change. (My mouse pointer shows as a hand with an extended index finger.) Thus, day numbers with 2 digits are more likely to register a date change and show the date chosen, than days with a single digit because 2 digit days have a larger area to register a click with the mouse pointer.

Could this be a bug in the May 2022 version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem appears resolved in the May 22 version, or at least it's hard to duplicate. In the date slicer I used the dropdown calendar to pick a date while carefully clicking the pixels outside the black number and PBI chose the right date. 

There is not specific answer that solves the problem. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @croberts21 ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem appears resolved in the May 22 version, or at least it's hard to duplicate. In the date slicer I used the dropdown calendar to pick a date while carefully clicking the pixels outside the black number and PBI chose the right date. 

There is not specific answer that solves the problem. 

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @croberts21 ,

I can't reproduce your problem(see the gif below), the version of my Power BI Desktop is 2.105.923.0 64-bit (May 2022). What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? Could you please update to the latest version if the version of your Power BI Desktop is not latest one? And please provide some screenshots or gif about slicer operations. Thank you.

yingyinr_0-1653642305986.gif

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@croberts21 , I doubt seeing an issue like that

But you can check if someone reported here  -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.