Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deermeat
Resolver I
Resolver I

Choosing an option in filters causes the background color to change

Hello,

There seems to be a bug going on that I'm not sure how to fix. Basically when I choose an item inside the filter pane, it will automatically change the revert the color of the filter pane back to the original color. When I unclick an item, it will go back to the colors that I chosen for it.

Untitled.png

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Deermeat 

Thanks for your reply.

>>it will automatically change the revert the color of the filter pane back to the original color. When I unclick an item, it will go back to the colors that I chosen for it.

this is by design.  If you click an item, then it will be highlighted, then if you unclick, it will go back to the color you selected.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Deermeat 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

which version are you using? I'm using the latest version, and it's light-colored now

vxiaotang_0-1655971635875.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaotang, any update to this? It seems like a bug right? Not something I'm doing wrong...

Hi @Deermeat 

Thanks for your reply.

>>it will automatically change the revert the color of the filter pane back to the original color. When I unclick an item, it will go back to the colors that I chosen for it.

this is by design.  If you click an item, then it will be highlighted, then if you unclick, it will go back to the color you selected.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-xiaotang,

Can I just confirm that this is by design? Because it doesn't seem like a good design idea.

Untitled.png

I manage to change the background in Themes section, but the search bar and filter type box is unable to match the same color as the rest of the filter pane and instead become white... 

Hi @Deermeat 

Thanks for your reply.

Now this picture is different from the previous one. Could you share the .pbix file with me so that I can test and confirm it better in my side. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Hi @v-xiaotang, turns out I was being dumb! I just realised that filter cards has a apply settings to default and applied state! I have managed to fix this issue! Thank you for your help!

Hi @v-xiaotang,

Yup! I am on the latest version of PowerBI. The problem is not that it is dark colored or light corlored. I changed the background color of the filter pane to dark color to match the theme of the report.

The problem is that when I click on an option in the filter pane, it will cause the background of the filter pane to change back to light colored and ignore the background settings that I have set for it.

The settings that I use can be seen on the right side of the picture.

Do you know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.