Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chinese Names in English

I have data coming from multiple systems. The Chinese origin sometimes contain company names in Chinese. Is there an easy way to transform it into english?PBI- Chinese in english.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi KarlheinzR,

As I know, Power BI translates menus, buttons, messages, and other elements of the experience into your language. Report content such as automatically generated titles, filters, and tooltips are translated, but your data isn't automatically translated. You could refer to Supported languages and countries/regions for Power BI for details. I think the chinese letters are your data in dataset, so I think you need to manually replace this with english in dataset.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can change the region setting of Power BI desktop report to English. YOu can change it by using below path.

File --> Option -->Region Setting --> Select English  (Screen shot attached)

Please give Kudos to this effort and mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Faulty.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried several different énglish languages- but it does not work. the names are still in CHinese

Hi @Anonymous ,

In latest version of Power BI desktop, go to Option--> Global --> Regional Setting --> Select English in the Model Language.

I replicated this and it worked for me.

Thanks!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated to the new desktop but it does not work. I still get the chinese letters. If I use translate it works. Queston is now how can I use the translate in PBI

PBI Microsoft translator.JPG

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi KarlheinzR,

As I know, Power BI translates menus, buttons, messages, and other elements of the experience into your language. Report content such as automatically generated titles, filters, and tooltips are translated, but your data isn't automatically translated. You could refer to Supported languages and countries/regions for Power BI for details. I think the chinese letters are your data in dataset, so I think you need to manually replace this with english in dataset.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.