Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

Child Part Help

Hi folks,

I have 3 tables:

1.  Parts table (the main table where all SKUs are held) - byu the way, we call "SKU"the "BOM#"... dont ask me why lol
  2. Open Sales table (The table that has sales by SKU)
  3. Single Bom Table (The table that has all the child parts by sku)

The Single Bom Table and Open Sales Table are both connected with a one to many relationship to the Parts Table.

The problem is that we have sales on parts that are not on the bill of material table because we source them already assembled. When i use the BOM# from the Parts table, it iterates through every single child part. I think this is because AAO-5586-01 does not have child parts.

airwolf39_0-1631128562987.png

What i want is for the parent to only show its child parts. If a BOM# does not have a child part, then i want the child part to be blank.

airwolf39_1-1631128695139.png

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

I figured it out but it would be too complicated to give the answer here.  I marked this as complete.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

I figured it out but it would be too complicated to give the answer here.  I marked this as complete.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @airwolf39 ,

It's hard to reproduce the scenario, can you share some sample data?

You could check the topic about How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

Note that I am using Bom# from the parts table (the dim table) and the "child part" from the single level bom table (a fact table). Open sales Qty is from the Open Sales table (a fact table).

I am pretty sure that is what is causing my issue but i dont know of any way around it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.