Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reh
Frequent Visitor

ChicletSlicer maximum rows issue

Hi all, 

Chicletslicer caps out at 1,000 rows (either scrolling or searching past row 1K in the data). Not sure if that is by design. I need to utilize multi select, single select, force features that are not available in the native slicer. ChicletSlicer has these but it appears to be limited to first 1000 rows. Is it possible to extend that limit?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reh

If you only need to utilize multi select, single select, you could use the default slicer, turn off "single select" under the "selection controls".

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dheeraj10
Employee
Employee

Facing same issue. I have a column with more than 1000 distinct values in it. Cannot search values that fall beyond 1000 rows. Is there any way to remove the cap limit or any alternate solution with forced selection option present ?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reh

As tested, with the defauld slicer, i can select more than 1000 rows.

Best Regards

Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reh

If you only need to utilize multi select, single select, you could use the default slicer, turn off "single select" under the "selection controls".

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie, 

Thanks! I did end up using the default slicer. However chiclet is a lot more dynamic and has some really cool features such as forced selection an picking the visible selections etc. But seems to cap out at 1000 rows. 

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.