Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StolzHerz
Helper I
Helper I

Chiclet Slicer v1.4.5: Property "Show Disabled" not working?

Hi 

I use the chicletSlicer.1.4.5.0.pbiviz in Power BI Desktop (optimized for Power BI Report Server June 2017), and connect to a SSAS Tabular model.

The slicer has a property "Show Disabled" with options "Inplace", "Bottom", "Hide"

Can it be that this propery has no effect? Always all Dim-items are available in the slicer, independet whether they have corresponding Facts-items or not.

When i connect the same SSAS Tabular model with Excel 2013, and add a slicer there, unused Dim-items are disabled.

Greetings, Stolzi

5 REPLIES 5
KumarDarmesh
Helper IV
Helper IV

can post a pbix file?

Hi

I have only files with Connection to a local Analysis Server (SSAS Tabular), can't post one sorry. Does the property "Show Disabled" has an effect in your pbix files?

Greetings, Roli

@StolzHerz wrote:

Hi

I have only files with Connection to a local Analysis Server (SSAS Tabular), can't post one sorry. Does the property "Show Disabled" has an effect in your pbix files?

Greetings, Roli

I'm having the reverse issue i.e. no matter what option I choose in Show Disabled, it always filters out any options that don't have data. Ideally, when I select In-Place, I was hoping all the values would just show in place but disabled. 

Hi Vickyd

It give two different data model "styles":

• You have two tables, a Dim and a Fact table with a relation <-- I have this model "style"
    • In the chart, data from the Fact table is displayed
    • The data is filtered by the Dim Table (Chiclet Slicer)
    • --> In this case, the Slicer shows always all items from the Dim table, independently if they have corresponding rows in the Fact table.
  • You have only one table, Fact and Dim values are both in this table
    • The Slicer is built from a field from this table
    • --> In this case, the Slicer shows only items which exists in the table (it is the oly source, the slicer can't have more items...)

What type of data model do you have?

Grettings, Roli

Hi

I got this Feedback from one of the GitHub contributors:

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-ChicletSlicer/issues/41#issuecomment-344970826

"Yes, you're right, latest version of ChicletSlicer doesn't support highlighting anymore.
So "Show Disabled" options doesn't work, it will be removed in the next version of the visual."

That are really bad news...

Greetings, Stolzi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.