Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chiclet Slicer - Reset Issue

Chicklet Slicer Not working for the first time after reset.

Capture.PNG

Please find the attached PBIX File. Please help.

chicletSlicer.Bug.pbix 

12 REPLIES 12
HectorMedinaA
Regular Visitor

It seems the New Power BI Desktop for October 2022 is not compatible with Chiclet Slicer 1.6.3 and when using more than one selection (two chicklet slicer selected) in any page the data is flickering. only stops when you unselect.

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to select "Alabama" in the slicer visual,not in the filter pane.If you do it in filter,the selection will be fixed unless you clear the filter.See below:

Annotation 2020-05-11 122616.pngAnnotation 2020-05-11 122631.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kelly-msft ,

Thanks for your reply.

But even this is also not working. Plese find the below steps to reproduce the issue.

1. Select "Alabama" from the chicklet slicer. (The graph is getting filtered as expected)

2. Reset the page using the Reset Bookmark Button

3. Select "Alabama" again from the chicklet slicer. This time the graph is not getting filtered.

1.PNG

Thanks,

Afsal

Hi @Anonymous ,

The bookmark button is just a visual,which doesnt have the functionality of "reset",if you wanna reset,you need to click on the "eraser" flag on the right top corner of the slicer visual,see below which I marked in yellow:

Annotation 2020-05-11 151600.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kelly-msft ,

I am using around 7 Filters in my dashboard. So inorder to give a better using experiance, i am using the bookmark to reset all filters in one shot.

Capture.PNG

This is working pretty will with all other visual other than the chicklet.

Even for the chicklet slicer, if we reselect that second time after reset, its working as expected. The issue is only for the first time after reset. So i belive this is an issue with the chicklet slicer.

Thanks,

Afsal.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you tried the option I send out about the standard slicer with the horizontal view?

It will create buttons in your slicer and works perfectly with the bookmarks.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix ,

Yes. This is the best. its working pretty well . The only limitation is we cannot change the hove color change effect for these buttons.

The user doesnot want the hover color chnage effect. If there is any option to disable this. I will goahead with your suggestion.

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Afsal

Hi @Anonymous ,

Pls check if you directly click the bookmark selection in the bookmarkpane instead of the button,will it work correctly? If so, it means that the bookmarks work well with the visual, then it should be the button issue. Just now I tried to reproduce your senario,and it works fine,as you see below:

Annotation 2020-05-11 175721.png

Annotation 2020-05-11 175837.png

Pls pay attention to the places where I marked in yellow.Be sure that you click ctrl+button when you wanna shif to bookmark by button.Not just click button...

Best Regards,
Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kelly-msft ,

Yes i already tried using the bookmarkpane but still not working.

Just following the same steps below you can reproduce the issue.

Reuploading the file  Chicklet Slicer Bug.pbix 

1. Select "Alabama" from chicklet slicer.

2. Select the bookmark "Home Reset"

3.. Select "Alabama" Again. This time the slicer will not work.

Chcklet.gif

Thanks,

Afsal

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Tested by your .pbix file,it works fine here,so which version of desktop are you using?My version is 2.81.5831.501 64-bit (May 2020),pls try to update to the version I use.

If the issue still occurs,better create  a support ticket via below link and our relevant personnel will help to handle it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Kelly

HI @Anonymous ,

The hover effect does not have an option to be turn on or off, maybe you can play around with the background color of the buttons to make ithe transition "invisivble".

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Believe this as to do with the visual itself, have you tried contacting the developer?

What I did and worked was to use the default slicer and everything worked properly, to make ti with the buttons on the general option select the Horizontal orientation.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.