Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SusieN
Regular Visitor

Chiclet Slicer Locale Issue on Dates

We are pulling data from a SharePoint List configured as English UK.  In PowerQuery Editor date/time fields are initially identified as text strings even though Auto date/time for new files is set on.  When Change Type from Text to Date/Time, in Editor the date appears in the correct format.  But when I Apply the changes and try to use the Date/Time field as a Category for the Chiclet Slicer, the dates revert to US format.  I want to sort the slicer by Date descending so am stuck with either leaving the date as Text which means the sequencing is wrong but the date/time looks right, or converting to DateTime and then the display in the slicer is wrong.  The same fields are displayed correctly as UK format DateTime in tables so just seems to be something with the Chiclet Slicer.   But there are no settings on the Chiclet itself that I can find.   

Any tips please?!

3 REPLIES 3
SusieN
Regular Visitor

Hi Henry, thanks for the reply.  I will upload some screen shots  - but eventually found out what the problem was (though now cannot find how I did it!).  I found that on the Chiclet Slicer, the date was being formatted using the * asterisk marked dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm date formatting that should recognise the locale on the device.   When I changed it to specifically use this format, the date worked.  But my locale is definitely English UK everywhere, including the BI model.  So I can mark this as resolved - but think there is a flaw somewhere in the slicer formatting!

Hi @SusieN ,

I agree with you. For the proposed slicer defect, you can post your idea here: Ideas - Microsoft Power BI Community

If there are a lot of people who vote for this issue, Microsoft will officially consider fixing this feature in the next update. Thank you for your feedback.🙂

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

@SusieN ,

I can't reproduce your question at the moment. Can you provide more information or screenshots, such as the converted date format, specific steps, etc.?

v-henryk-mstf_0-1622431676058.png

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.