Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BPrivitera
Frequent Visitor

Chiclet Slicer - Difficulty moving around the canvas

Dear All,

I love the chiclet slicer but recently I am experiencing tremendous dificulty in actually moving and positioning the slicer.  I use it often on a number of reports so this is becoming very frustrating.

When I first choose the slicer, no problem, works as expected, but as soon as I add data to the slicer, it then becomes a real hit and miss affair as to if I can move the slicer element across the canvas.  Usually a miss.

I can re-size the element (which I can then use to perform a kind of movement), but can't move it as one would expect.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Would love to know if there is a solution.

PC has the following installed ... Windows 7 / VS 2017 / VS 2015 / VS 2010 / SQL Server 2012 / SSMS 2017 / Office 2010 / and a heap of other assorted bits of software.  Have a similar environment on my home laptop and the problem remains there as well.

Thanks

Basil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BPrivitera,

Based on my test, it do could not move the element, I suggest you to modify the number of columns and rows of the visual:

1.PNG

Or you could submit an idea:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/idb-p/CustomVisualsIdeas

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SteveL2
Frequent Visitor

Such a frustrating bug. Is this the early 90s? Why can't we get basic software functions to work?

mehtaworld
Frequent Visitor

Has this been resolved? 

I am facing the same difficulty. The slicer does have a title but still the issue persists.

Besides moving around the canvas, there is another problem when I try to copy (CTRL+C) the slicer (to paste it in the same canvas and change the category), it doesn't work most of the times. 

I had the same problem for a while, but I started using the Copy and Paste buttons in the Home toolbar.  It seems to work much better than using Crtl + c and Ctrl + v.  No idea why as it's supposed to do the exact same thing. 

My solution to moving it around the canvas is to select the slicer you want to move, then click and hold somewhere near the edge of the slicer, then drag.  You should be able to move it around freely. 

I've also noticed that if you reduce the size of the raw data, the chiclet slicer is more responsive. 

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BPrivitera,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Daniel,

Sorry about the tardiness of reply.  I tested your suggestions and mostly seemed to work though still somewhat hit and miss but mostly hit!!  Thanks again.

Basil

I found that, to avoid this issue, the Chiclet Slicer needs a Title (set its Title to On and put some text)...

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BPrivitera,

Based on my test, it do could not move the element, I suggest you to modify the number of columns and rows of the visual:

1.PNG

Or you could submit an idea:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/idb-p/CustomVisualsIdeas

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.